- 1 (12 ounce) package macaroni
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese mild
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cups shredded Cheddar cheese sharp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked.
- Whisk the egg and milk together in a large cup. Add butter and mild cheese to the egg and milk. Stir well.
- Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg and cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and stir well. Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.
- Bake covered by aluminum foil, for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover, pour on the two cups of shredded sharp cheese, evenly. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes uncovered, or until top is brown.