I am going to post a few notes over the next few days on my thoughts on how the factors for preparedness contribute for and against your mindset for what is necessary in life. Not just talking about natural emergencies, social unrest, muggings and some such, I'm talking about how to get yourself out of the habit of being in what Col. Jeff Cooper called "Condition White". Its called paying attention, and we're going to chat about how important it is in daily life.
Some of the factors contributing to preparedness include:
1. Subject pays attention to the news
2. Subject is aware of and concerned about socio-environmental threats
3. Subject has personal experience with disasters, disorder, emergencies, etc.
4. Subject has children in the home
5. Subject has strong community ties (church, civic organizations, neighborhood watch, etc.)